Sunday, October 21, 2007

More ICE components ripped out

We got another early start this morning. We removed the gas tank. 4 bolts hold it in place and several hoses. Nothing overly challenging. We jacked the car up and put it on blocks to get underneath it. Then supported the tank on the jack while we removed the bolts. Then lowered it down, and poured the remaining fuel into a Jerry can.

We then removed the exaust system. We had to break out the Dremmel grinding tool to get the rear joint appart.
I now have an engine in both the front and rear of my Mercedes. I am ready to take that puppy to the iron recycler. One more picture is what it now looks like in the engine compartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you are using a D&D motor that looks just like mine..

http://galaxy22.dyndns.org/ev-talon/

I'll be curious to compare speed and accelleration with you.