Sunday, March 15, 2009

First time on lithium power

Rear batteries

Front batteries




This is the first drive time on the lithium battteries. I finally have an outlett I can plug the car into. Big mahalo to Eric from Sunetric for wiring up the outlet. The charger draws 25 amps, so I could not use a standard outlet or extension cord. My first driving was unexentful, I do feel that the car is lighter.

There are 14 cells up front and 10 cells in the rear. I am using the same front to rear cables as before.


3 comments:

mgreig said...

Hi there,

I have the same car and am thinking about switching to lithium. Can you tell me how many amp hours your cells are and what kind of range you got from them? I know this will vary.

Thank you very much!

mgreig said...

Hi there,

I have the same car and I'm thinking about switching to lithium. I'm curious if you would tell me how many amp hour your lithium cells are and what kind of range you ended up with. I know this will vary I just want to get an idea so I can start working on ridding myself of my lead!

Thank you

baerfoot said...

I actually have a new set of lithium batteries now. I have 25 100 amp hour cells, and am getting 40 miles out of them. please see this post:
http://electricmetro.blogspot.com/2013_04_01_archive.html